Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, the paint job itself came out good but the color is a bit off. I'm ordering a can from Automotivetouchup so I know it's right. The Dupli-Color Perfect match was NOT a perfect match. I'll rock it as-is for now. At least the GMC logo is once again prominently displayed.IMG_9556.JPG

Last edited:

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good! I can see the slight difference in color. But it’s pretty minimal. I think it looks good! I gotta order more paint from them as well. They do such a spot on job mixing the paint to get it matched to factory color! Thankful that everyone here recommended it to me! I have so much paint work to do.....

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not really. With the blower there’s too much pressure in the intake for a regular catch can, at least that’s what I’ve been told. There’s only a few that are made for what I have, they need to have check valves and a clean side separator. Show me one for 10% of that cost that’s guaranteed to work with my setup. Besides, I like expensive shit on my truck. It looks and works great. :patriot:
Edit: all it probably really needs is a check valve inline but wth. I want the best within reason. There’s more expensive ones with less features.

Fair enough. I didn't take into consideration the blower

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fair enough. I didn't take into consideration the blower
It’s the reason I pulled my old one off and sold it, although I found out later I probably could have put a check valve inline. But now I’m also trying to use all braided lines in the engine compartment so I want to just buy one that has that option as well as a clean side separator. I’ve been looking at trying to make braided coolant lines too but that’s looking less likely. All I can find is silicone for $200 or braided covering with fake hose clamp covers.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, the paint job itself came out good but the color is a bit off. I'm ordering a can from Automotivetouchup so I know it's right. The Dupli-Color Perfect match was NOT a perfect match. I'll rock it as-is for now. At least the GMC logo is once again prominently displayed.View attachment 228335

I used AC Delco touch-up paint (Graystone Metallic) in an aerosol spray can and U-Pol #1 (The OG 3+ year-old "orange can") for my stuff. The color looked slightly darker or like it had an ever so slight brown or amber hue to it when compared to the body color. After a few days of sun exposure, it's spot-on or at least close enough that I can't discern any differences.

I'm sure you've seen these pics before. This is the bow tie I painted compared to an OEM painted door handle. You can see the slight color difference. Over time, it lost the slight brown and gained more of the silver so it matches much better now:

bowtie.jpeg

Patience makes it deep and glossy:

bowtie(2).jpeg

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I asked Elite Engineering for a discount on their catch can and they gave me one good for 10% off.I told them I’d give it an honest review here so I will do that. I’m sure there isn’t one worth over $400 but if there is, I believe this is the one. I wanted the best though so now we will see. I went with the works, so stay tuned.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can’t believe it’s taken me this long to find a decent wheel brush. This one works great and it was only $13.99. I was looking at Chemical Guys’ $40 brush and decided no. Also my air freshener filters came in, I need these due to this guy.
IPELY Car Wheel Rim Detailing... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NSJFXBX?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

B9929C19-0A2F-4BA3-B3B8-21D9DD6A7827.jpeg B274E99F-EBAA-4E88-BC7A-ED257FDEFC9F.jpeg C2B94EDC-25FB-41D2-8C91-2ABC8E701535.jpeg 77F6F2DF-F37B-43F5-AB2F-85C8D4C653A3.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518