Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who knows maybe I didnt use them right. But for some reason I couldnt get the bulbs to sit right in the projector

Weird. I just installed them, no problem. I just took off the metal brackets, screwed the back of the holder on, inserted the bulb then the puck, and screwed the nut thing down. Everything is keyed so it only goes on one way.

IMG_9360.JPG IMG_9361.JPG IMG_9365.JPG IMG_9367.JPG

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
They came with H1 bulb holders ? Or did you order them separately ?

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Nice you did exactly what I did but I got the brackets from CB&D.

Heads up the motoholders I wasnt a fan of. I'm using the metal clips that came with the projectors. I couldnt get the bulbs to sit right with the holders
With the metal clip there’s no seal . That has me worried . Or is it no issue ?

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I ordered the motoholders separately.
I think it’s ridiculous you have to order those separately. If they work so much better why doesn't TRS add them to the kit? Idk I’m just complaining, plus every time I ordered something they added shipping to each item and that was annoying. So I didn’t get the holders at the time. I’ll get them on payday, I don’t like how the metal clip aligns the bulb. Then all I have to do is seal them up and install them. I just hope they fit behind the bracket, super tight back there (that’s what.....said)

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the metal clip there’s no seal . That has me worried . Or is it no issue ?

Theres a seal.

@Rocket Man what I meant was I couldnt get them to seat correctly. Yes they fit however it was hard to get the bulb aligned. Check this thread out.

https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/fo...0-how-to-shim-a-hid-bulb-for-proper-alignment

The motoholder made it difficult for me to move the bulb around so that I'd get the proper hot spot.

If you move the bulb in the motoholders there is a slight amount of movement. Thst will throw the hotspot off, which in turn throws the cutoff out of alignment

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Theres a seal.

@Rocket Man what I meant was I couldnt get them to seat correctly. Yes they fit however it was hard to get the bulb aligned. Check this thread out.

https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/fo...0-how-to-shim-a-hid-bulb-for-proper-alignment

The motoholder made it difficult for me to move the bulb around so that I'd get the proper hot spot.

If you move the bulb in the motoholders there is a slight amount of movement. Thst will throw the hotspot off, which in turn throws the cutoff out of alignment
My cutoffs were perfect. I’m pretty sure with the Morimoto mini H1’s they will be fine this time around too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep