Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Creeping on you. Did you ever do the 4l80e? I did that swap on my NBS. It was fantastic.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Creeping on you. Did you ever do the 4l80e? I did that swap on my NBS. It was fantastic.
I can't with the NVG249 transfer case. There was a guy on pt.net that was machining adapters but he ran out, and the thread where they're getting together interested parties and making deposits for another run was way short of the minimum after 6 months. So I bought a Level 3 "Invincible" 4l60e from Performabuilt with a billet triple disc FTI 2800 stall. It is an amazing trans and the 1-2 shift under WOT is so hard that it makes the whole truck shake. they specialize in high-hp trans applications; it's rated for 800 but I realize it's the weight of The Beast that will kill it if anything does. It sure does make it fun to drive. They got ahold of BlackBear so my tune could optimize the trans.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today I changed the oil at 159,920 miles and sent a sample to Blackstone labs. This will be my first time having oil analyzed and I'm curious as to what they find. It's running strong with no ticks and I add about a quart per OCI at the most.

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blackstone is great. I used it on my 500hp STi. I need to do my Yukon. Who knows how the prev owner treated it.

Post your results!

Regarding your 4l60, sounds stout. Still too bad you can't find a 4l80e adapter. I had a blast swapping in and driving my 4l80.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davonlwilliams33