Rock Auto Newsletter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh man that article hits home. I'm still butt hurt over a ground problem I had in my Silverado while tuning the new motor. Suddenly during WOT the fuel pump cut out along with the ignition relay clicking randomly as though it couldn't latch. Ended up pulling both fuse boxes apart as well as the ignition key switch and metering everything I could think of. Suddenly one day it fixed its self. A week later same thing and then it cured itself once again. I spent an entire day jiggling different harnesses and disconnecting things trying to simulate the problem. I was afraid at full boost WOT it would cut out and I would kill my fresh motor.

Finally I shoved my arm behind the blower down to the bell housing to check the grounds and 1 of the 3 was smashed between the blower and the valley. I have no idea how I missed that but it was the cause of all my problems and I felt like an idiot.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read these from time to time but this one has an article about something we talk about all the time here.

Bad Grounds & The Problems They Cause! A complete article about that and a crank and no start story related to the same thing.

https://www.rockauto.com/Newsletter/
I just read that myself over breakfast and thought of all the times you, as well as others here on the forum, have told folks to check battery connections and ground connections. Checking the basics first can save a lot of heartburn and money.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
That true story about the wire that was grounded under the battery to the battery tray and all was working till that became so corroded and cruddy under there that all of a sudden it wasn't grounded and the chasing those guys did to finally find the problem. A nightmare for sure.

For now and in the future, I recommend that inspection of all ground sources should be proper maintenance and not just something to look for during a "repair" process.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14