Road Noise Reduction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luckydad3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The road noise in my 2021 Yukon XL is more than I expected - I can barely hear my kids back in the third row when on the highway.

Is there anything I can buy to cut the road noise down?

I saw dynamat in some other forums for older models but wasn’t sure if that was appropriate for a 2021.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The road noise in my 2021 Yukon XL is more than I expected - I can barely hear my kids back in the third row when on the highway.

Is there anything I can buy to cut the road noise down?

I saw dynamat in some other forums for older models but wasn’t sure if that was appropriate for a 2021.
Dynamat is a fabulous sound deadener. I actually had the guys install it between the studs in the wall that separates the double stacked convection ovens (Wolf, 747 taking off loud) and another room, works great.

Having said that, I just bought a new Sierra AT4 and the tires it came with are VERY loud. Maybe double the road noise of the Yukon with Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenzas (factory OE). The tires can make a big difference in road noise levels.

Cliff-Yukon

Reaction score
What is the Goodyear model that GM is shipping non at4’s with. Not a huge fan of Goodyear. Been running the Michelin LTX on my 2010. On 2nd set. Easily get 60k miles. Smooth. Quiet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts