Rise of the Turd-burban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97YukonNZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey there
Enjoying reading your thread!
Getting great crowd participation!

My Grandfather worked on planes in Guadalcanal in WW2.
He used to make rings and jewellery for the Yank boys to send home to their girls during down time.
Spent a lot of time in the workshop with him as a kid.
Gave me a good base of knowledge and ability to fix things myself.

Lol good to see everyone is getting around the spelling censorship!!
Loving the banter :p

OP
OP
N

Nooj

Reaction score
Hey there
Enjoying reading your thread!
Getting great crowd participation!

My Grandfather worked on planes in Guadalcanal in WW2.
He used to make rings and jewellery for the Yank boys to send home to their girls during down time.
Spent a lot of time in the workshop with him as a kid.
Gave me a good base of knowledge and ability to fix things myself.

Lol good to see everyone is getting around the spelling censorship!!
Loving the banter :p

Welcome to the party! Come in, relax, take your bra off if you’d like. (I had a buddy that used to say that whenever people visited)

Your Grandfather sounds like a good ol American badâss!

Hey- how’d you get the emoji in there?!? I feel like I could express myself much more accurately with the use of emoji.

Nooj

OP
OP
N

Nooj

Reaction score
So, I outsmarted that pesky ferrule on the center brake hose this morning, when I got home from the midnight shift.
A little brake cleaner, a wee dab of super glue, and my hands masterfully handling the situation with surgical precision and detail tweezers. VIOLA!! Which is French for “and then I found out”. It worked!

Has anyone ever used these Goodridge hoses on a Z71?
They seem to be a tight fit, especially the center rear… I wonder if I should’ve gone with the 2” extended hoses.

Nooj

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey- how’d you get the emoji in there?!? I feel like I could express myself much more accurately with the use of emoji.

Nooj

In the reply box, you have all them options above the text box. Click on the smiley face.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Welcome to the party! Come in, relax, take your bra off if you’d like. (I had a buddy that used to say that whenever people visited)

Nooj
He's a Kiwi.

97YukonNZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Nooj
Nice one!!
Your buddy sounds like a real character!!

I am somewhat off shore!
Hailing you from New Zealand!
In the South Pacific.

My Grandfather's family came over here from Northern Ireland and he was born here on the 2nd anniversary of Gallipoli in 1916.
He has been gone a few years now.
Certainly not forgotten. :boti:Screenshot_20220823-113759_Chrome.jpgIf you tap the 3 dots circled at the top and then the smilley face you'll find an emoji bankquet at your disposal!
Cheers

OP
OP
N

Nooj

Reaction score
Nice one!!
Your buddy sounds like a real character!!

I am somewhat off shore!
Hailing you from New Zealand!
In the South Pacific.

My Grandfather's family came over here from Northern Ireland and he was born here on the 2nd anniversary of Gallipoli in 1916.
He has been gone a few years now.
Certainly not forgotten. :boti:View attachment 378817If you tap the 3 dots circled at the top and then the smilley face you'll find an emoji bankquet at your disposal!
Cheers
Yeah, that’s what I meant- a good ol New Zealander badáss :head3:
I forget that these forum things are on the World Wide Web sometimes.

I’ve never been to NZ, but I’ve rode by. Beautiful water down there.

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

Nooj

Reaction score
Quandry of the hour-
Upon completing the install of new front brakes and new hoses, something still lingers on my mind… and in my brake system. A ton of crud! My brake fluid reservoir had black sludge build up all over the inside. I removed the reservoir and flushed most out with brake cleaner, but it’s not to my satisfaction yet.
But… if all this crap is in the reservoir, it MUST be in the brake lines as well!!

So, how do I flush this crud out? Should I disconnect the hoses at the calipers and shoot brake cleaner through all the lines until it comes out clean, then flush with new fluid?
Would denatured alcohol work?
Inquiring minds would like to know.

I certainly don’t want all this doodoo in my new fancy front binders.
What’s with these copper washers on the banjo fitting- can they not be reused once torqued down?

I got a bunch of figuring out to do on this brake system for the turd before it’s “go” ready. Who would’ve guessed the turd would be full of crap!?

Nooj

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GPPV