Rim load rating calculation?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Is it normal for a wheel to have this much cut out of the inside? I've been comparing two companies and this one is different in the fact that it has so much material cut out from the back side compared to the other brand.
View attachment 228098

Pretty common... my new wheels are the same.

OP
OP
Jolly Roger

Jolly Roger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty common... my new wheels are the same.

Thanks man, that really does make me feel a bit better. I was all sold with weeks of searching and then I stumbled upon that picture. Those are made by Fuel, the others I was looking at are made by Method. Method even has a video bragging about how theirs are not weakened by the extra milling. Fuel calls it "trussing" ..

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man, that really does make me feel a bit better. I was all sold with weeks of searching and then I stumbled upon that picture. Those are made by Fuel, the others I was looking at are made by Method. Method even has a video bragging about how theirs are not weakened by the extra milling. Fuel calls it "trussing" ..

All done to save weight and material. If they still exceed your weight requirements (and they're being truthful) you're good to go.