Ridiculous positive camber after lift spindles install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AlejandroDinero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I put my spindles on finally and once I got everything back together I noticed I had a huge amount of positive camber. So then I decided and remembered I still had my bars cranked up and decided to decrank them and I still have a good amount to the point where I don’t even want to drive it. Just seems really sketchy has anyone else had an issue like this I know I need alignment well I didn’t think things are gonna be this bad. I have probably four or three threads left in the torsion key before they are bottomed out.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you roll the car back and forth? I know if you lift the front end. Both wheels off the ground. When you drop the car it will have positive camber because the rubber making contact with the road won’t allow the wheels to spread back out to normal until you roll the car a couple ft

OP
OP
AlejandroDinero

AlejandroDinero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you roll the car back and forth? I know if you lift the front end. Both wheels off the ground. When you drop the car it will have positive camber because the rubber making contact with the road won’t allow the wheels to spread back out to normal until you roll the car a couple ft
Yes sir, I drove it down from my driveway and soon as I hit the road I got a really sketchy wonky feeling. Just to clarify everything is tightened down correctly and torqued down to spec. I’ll get pics in the morning. I am thinking about trying to adjust the toe myself just so I can make it a mile or two to the shop.

fasteddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been there.
It just needs to be aligned.....it should be able to make it to the alignment shop.
I use Firestone. They give you a year of free alignments for $99, just in case you make more changes it doesn't cost you anything to get it re-aligned.
I think they have a life-time option too.

What kind of spindles did you get?

OP
OP
AlejandroDinero

AlejandroDinero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been there.
It just needs to be aligned.....it should be able to make it to the alignment shop.
I use Firestone. They give you a year of free alignments for $99, just in case you make more changes it doesn't cost you anything to get it re-aligned.
I think they have a life-time option too.

What kind of spindles did you get?
I’ve been looking at their lifetime for 150 with coupon going on right now. I got the kit off Amazon from LAFORMO

OP
OP
AlejandroDinero

AlejandroDinero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks nice.
Thanks bud

So I was going to move it last night to the shop and I had to turn around two streets over. This is ridiculous it is completely out of whack where I can’t drive it. I’m gonna have to get it towed to the shop so I can get a damn alignment does anybody know how to do or any adjustments I can make so I can at least get it there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9