Ridiculous OnStar Prices

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tdriver113

Reaction score
Just got my renewal notice today. I had the lowest plan, 50.00 increase over last year.
Bye Bye ONSTAR. :badidea::badidea::badidea:

Reaction score
cONSTAR is an over priced dinosaur

'Automatic Crash response' - meh
'Navigation' - not 1/2 has good as whats avail on the cell phones these days
--even google maps provides better traffic avoidance that cONSTAR
'Road Side Assistance' - personally I like AAA - better value and INCLUDES free tow
'spotty cell service' - no so much these days, coverage is better for most carriers

cost - ridiculous

Reaction score
Called and setup OnStar in the 2017 Burb I just got. The OnStar module had gone bad, Dealership replaced today. OnStar gave me a "free trial" for 30 days with LTE and 3gb of data. Offerred a 3 month "free trial" if I gave them my CC # so they could start auto-renew. Yeah...NOPE!

After 30 days they want me to pay $15 monthly to get basic access to my vehicle.

I just got rid of a 2015 Tahoe. For the entire 4yrs I owned it, I had access to my vehicle via the app. I cannot believe how worthless this service has become. And it's even worse because GM forces you to purchase the crap/gizmo's with the vehicle. Instead of giving you an option to OPT out.

I doubt GM monitors the forums, but what a crock of crap. I can't App Unlock, or App Start my vehicle unless I pay them $15? Get out of here, especially since it was a free service for YEARS!
I just learned this, too. I've had a 2015 and 2016 Suburban, both of which had free basic service. Buy a 2018 Yukon XL and nope, not included in the $80k price tag. My $50k Ford truck has it for free. What a scam. I understand having to pay for the safety and nav features of one wants that, but to lock, unlock and start your vehicle? That's just ridiculous IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhmjr