Ride quality

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greenhornet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who has upgraded there shocks(Bilstien) and how much did the ride improve,all aspects of it.My 2015 Tahoe LS 4wd rides like a real truck,rough,jarring,only good when at least 300 lbs in the back.

MichaelSE

2010 2500
Reaction score
I recently put Bilstein 5100s on my 2500. I wasn't quite expecting a night and day difference, and I didn't get it. I did notice a marginal improvement in ride quality especially with the rear being less squirrely. You'd probably get better results on a 1500.

WifesYukon17

Reaction score
I will be replacing the stock "soft" shocks on my wife's Yukon. Gotta go with Bilstein 5100's on all 4 corners with the fronts set at stock height. I have 5100's on my F150 and it made a huge difference in ride and handling. All aspects of ride and handling are improved. They are firm without being harsh and body roll is reduced a good bit. Biggest difference is over rough pavement, speed humps, railroad crossings, they 5100's just soak everything up so much better and in a more controlled manner. I would expect all the same with them on my Yukon. IMO, they are well worth the money.

Last edited:

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be replacing the stock "soft" shocks on my wife's Yukon. Gotta go with Bilstein 5100's on all 4 corners with the fronts set at stock height. I have 5100's on my F150 and it made a huge difference in ride and handling. All aspects of ride and handling are improved. They are firm without being harsh and body roll is reduced a good bit. Biggest difference is over rough pavement, speed humps, railroad crossings, they 5100's just soak everything up so much better and in a more controlled manner. I would expect all the same with them on my Yukon. IMO, they are well worth the money.

+1, what they said ^^

Dearmosd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what I am questioning now is do you use the stock spring from the MRC setup? I read the stock MRC spring is a little more soft then the spring from a NON MRC setup

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout