Ride Quality for a Truck ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hcvone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's night and day, just ride in a truck with bad magnetic shocks, it's kind of like having no shocks at all, it's very rough and bone jarring, and after the shocks were replaced it was like a totally different truck, so yes it can make a huge difference

OP
OP
James Ward

James Ward

2015 Tahoe LT
Reaction score
Also, everybody's definition of 'ride quality' may be different. For example, in my automobile, I like a very stiff suspension, so that I feel every crack and pebble on the road. Others would say that the 'ride quality' of my automobile is terrible, as their backs hurt whenever they ride with me.

Not all shocks deliver the same 'ride quality', as they may have different damping rates and related characteristics, depending on what use case they were designed for. So, I recommend that you clearly define what good 'ride quality' is to you, as you are talking to folks about their preferences for shocks, so that you can be sure that your preferences are aligned with theirs.

I wish you the best of outcomes on your search for shocks.

Well thank you Joseph, This is my second Tahoe and the first one I was in an accident with, and I had put a new set on it, but that on a 2015 LS and it was a great ride, as I had already put a new set of shocks in it. But of course it was a LS and that ride was different from this one. It is a 4 wheel drive, so I thought it might make a difference and it does, the ride on this 2015 Tahoe LT. But it is a hard ride, so maybe a new set of shocks will make a difference ? But if you go to GMParts direct, 1GNSKBKC2FR148071 there's 10 different front shocks AND SOMEBODY HERE WAS KIND ENOUGH TO GIVE ME THIS NUMBER gm 23276075 but that number doesn't exist on the GM website. So. . .

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well thank you Joseph, This is my second Tahoe and the first one I was in an accident with, and I had put a new set on it, but that on a 2015 LS and it was a great ride, as I had already put a new set of shocks in it. But of course it was a LS and that ride was different from this one. It is a 4 wheel drive, so I thought it might make a difference and it does, the ride on this 2015 Tahoe LT. But it is a hard ride, so maybe a new set of shocks will make a difference ? But if you go to GMParts direct, 1GNSKBKC2FR148071 there's 10 different front shocks AND SOMEBODY HERE WAS KIND ENOUGH TO GIVE ME THIS NUMBER gm 23276075 but that number doesn't exist on the GM website. So. . .

Is this what you are looking for?
https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oem-parts/gm-strut-23276075

OP
OP
James Ward

James Ward

2015 Tahoe LT
Reaction score
Wel ZW7 code is pretty much "out of reach" GM put it on some silverado's and Tahoe's but finding a set significantly out of reach as I do a search. There is no ZW7 code anywhere. I went to GM parts Direct and they list 8 sets of shocks and the only difference is Magnetic or Not ?

OP
OP
James Ward

James Ward

2015 Tahoe LT
Reaction score
For ZW7, which is what mine has, Rock Auto sells
DELCO 5601036 (560-1036) Shock Absorber $ 50.99 each. I just put two of these on mine (rears only). They reference as original equipment replacement for ZW7.

Hi, How did you find these ? I looked at every one and none of them reference a ZW7 suspension ? And I'm looking for a set of both front/rears.

YukonXLMan

Reaction score
Click the blue link above and plug in ZW7 in the filter by box, and the ones I referenced will be the only showing for the rear. I love Rock Auto, they have most everything I've needed for 3 diff autos. The suspension codes are in parenthesis after each part under the ones listed as original ride quality.

OP
OP
James Ward

James Ward

2015 Tahoe LT
Reaction score
OK, Sorry I had to step out, The only 'G' code I have is GU4 and that is a 3.08 ratio and I have a G80 that's a positraction rear and one more is GBAP, That's the exterario paint is GBA is Black. So. . . 2015_chevrolet_tahoe-pic-9129038952348859195-1024x768.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts