Reverse light switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tx07tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a switch wired to the fuse box to turn the reverse lights on at anytime.
I dont know much of the technical stuff about the switch seeing how I didnt install it. But here are some pictures.

007-1.jpg
008-1.jpg
009-2.jpg
The red wire runs from the fuse into the cab.
011-2.jpg
I have my switch installed into this hole to hide it a bit. The wire runs underneath the dash and into the hole.
012-2.jpg

05Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats a nice install. I been wanting to do this for a long time now and just never done it. I also want to fully install my aux reverse lights and wire them all up but I have just been to lazy. I also want to install and wire my aux fog lights. I hate living in an apartment.

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice writeup...Might have to do this so I can't blind tail gaters!:D

BigRed76

SeniorGroupbuyMember
Reaction score
so if I understand this correctly ..... you simply run a wire from the switch directly into that fuse and you're done???

yatch07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no i think you have to run another wire to the ballast so you can turn it on? is that correct tx07tahoe

jdub5256

J-DUB
Reaction score
No. Its just wired into the fuse. Or thats the way it was explained to me.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but it should be take a 16 guage wire from constant hot run it to the switch then from the switch run it to the fuse like shown above. now if u r worried if they are on running down the road you could always get a lighted switch then at that point all you would do is run a 3rd wire to the switch from a good ground and that would lite up the switch whenever the reverse lights are on. Hope that helps

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but it should be take a 16 guage wire from constant hot run it to the switch then from the switch run it to the fuse like shown above.

Yes..... This..

Still super simple.. there should be a constant hot going to about 16 billion things nearby.. just tap in and run it to the output side of the reverse fuse (with a switch inline) Or if you are totally inept.. drop a new line from the battery and do the same thing..

Neat mod though!