Rev Limiter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Peacock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where the rev limiter would be set on my 13 PPV ?

I had some interesting tire slippage the other day on a wet road, it didn't pull power away like originally with the stabilitrak, traction control light was on in the dash, that's when I noticed the tach a little past 6k but not hitting the limiter.
This is the first time letting it eat, since putting the BlackBear tune in it, going up a slight grade I figure the road is wet so the tires will spin and it really won't be taxing the engine.
I sent an email to BlackBear to see if they raised the limiter or if it gets turned off with the tune, also curious about that stabilitrak, but didn't get an answer from them yet.
My understanding the only way to turn stabilitrak off was to pull the ABS fuse, but this was definitely spinning the tires for about 5 seconds straight.

Screenshot_20210510-191722_Google.jpg .

bigdog9191999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
probably up a little, i would have to grab my hpt to remember where it is and were it usually gets moved too.

OP
OP
Peacock

Peacock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only info I can find online is peak horsepower at 5400 and redline at 6,000 which ironically is the what the tachometer is topped off at, so I'm thinking that number is just because it's what the tach says, even though it's a GM media press release.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9