Reprogramming Button for Camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luckydad3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'd love to re-program one of the physical buttons on my '21 Yukon to open up the camera view screen, so I don't have to navigate the infotainment screen to home and then tap on the camera app.

Has anyone done something like this, or know if it is possible?

The reason I want this is that the sensitivity seems too low to automatically bring up the camera screen when I park, more often than not. Is there a way to increase sensitivity so that the camera screen is triggered more easily?

I was thinking the Gap Adjust button on my steering wheel would be a good candidate...I don't use the "☑️" check mark button or knob on the infotainment control area either. Hmm.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if there is no described option to do it in the owners manual then I doubt it is possible and getting into the system with any kind of 3rd party tool is probably at least a couple years down the road. The encryption has to be broke first.

WestCoastYokel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
+1 I'd love to have this option. There's a lot of reasons to want to quickly pull up the camera - e.g. even just when i've pulled into a parking spot its easy to check that I'm centered from the cameras.

Unfortunately I don't think it's possible. However, I did figure out you can re-arrange the icons on the infotainment screen, so I put the camera app on the first page. Now at least it's a simple and repeatable process to pull it up - hit the physical home button (always brings you home no matter what screen you're on) and the camera is button is in the upper right corner.

Gibby13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know intercepting the gap adjust button is possible, but making it display with cameras I am not sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjhorst14