replacing the rear cargo doors on my early 99 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L O Guvna

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I dented my rear doors - not hatch - with a unsecured trailer. I bought replacement cargo doors, but they didn't come with the hinges. I've tried those cheap presses to push the pins out, and it seems to me to just find some hinges.

I need 2 on each side - they bolt into the door frame and into the doors themselves. Are these available? My search online keeps getting hijacked by those front door pin ads.

thanks in advance
#GuvnaL

Swagfu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would try a salvage yard. Or you could try one of the sales websites. They are a ton of these trucks in junkyards. Shouldn't be too hard to find them.

OP
OP
L

L O Guvna

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Mean Green - is that a UNT reference? I am a graduate there - just wondering.

on these hinges. the hinge part on the doors is glued or welded on. No bolts. When you asked that, I thought - dang, I should have thought of that. I am back to square one with removing that pin, and transferring doors. If I could go back in time, I would redo this with the hinges attached - that is simple replacement. I may end up buying these doors again, with that option.

thanks - sorry for the delay in responding. I am sorting other items to get this ready for a new driver who turns 16 in september.

L.O.

OP
OP
L

L O Guvna

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
im hoping to reuse the pins - these are different from to passenger door pins and bushings. These are heavy pressed in splined pins. I've tried the jigs on ebay, and all that did was damage the jig - bending the pressing bolt.

I think I'm going to take my grinder and grind off the loop of the damaged door, careful not to grind down to the pin. If I take most of that loop meat away, I should be able to hammer and chisel the material off. I will be left with the body mount and the pin. At that point, I should be able to remove the pin. I gotta do this 4 times - 2 on each side.

I assumed this had been done before. I will take the trophy for damaging my rear cargo doors from a poorly secured trailer hitch ball mount, jammed into the rear cargo doors.

cheers
LOG

Eman85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a buddy did the same thing with a trailer into the back door of his Suburban. It was his trailer that he'd towed a lot, just had a brain fart. Just so you know you're not the first and won't be the last.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep