Replacing our 2017 Yukon Denali transmission! Please help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dance Mom

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all,

Please help! I was having issues with the gears getting stuck and a couple of times have had to pull off to the side of the road and restart the car bc it would not get out of 1st gear! We are past our 3 year factory warranty and our dealership is telling me I have to replace a part in our transmission for $2000 with no warranty or replace the whole transmission for $4300 with a 3 year warranty. This is the first GMC I've owned and am floored that I am replacing the transmission for a 3 year old car! Is this normal? Please help! Would getting in touch with GMC customer service be a good start?

Thank you for any help,

Dance Mom

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Please help! I was having issues with the gears getting stuck and a couple of times have had to pull off to the side of the road and restart the car bc it would not get out of 1st gear! We are past our 3 year factory warranty and our dealership is telling me I have to replace a part in our transmission for $2000 with no warranty or replace the whole transmission for $4300 with a 3 year warranty. This is the first GMC I've owned and am floored that I am replacing the transmission for a 3 year old car! Is this normal? Please help! Would getting in touch with GMC customer service be a good start?

Thank you for any help,

Dance Mom

Yes, I would get them involved and also maybe get a second opinion. There will be internal codes, did the dealership tell you what they were? Did they mention the "valve body" or TEHCM?

How many miles are on your Denali and have you ever had the transmission serviced or the fluid changed? If so, when and by whom?

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Thank you for any help,

Dance Mom[/

This should be covered under your power train warranty which extends past 3 years unless your over 60k miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought factory power train was longer than 3 years.

RossM

Reaction score
GM put the wrong fluid in them. Had mine flushed out three times from dealer to get rid of shutter and possible future problems, also torque converters failed. This is our 4 th GM suv and first corvette and Im not buying another GM product, issues with all. Kept the denali for now. Wife went to lexus.

James Ward

2015 Tahoe LT
Reaction score
GM put the wrong fluid in them. Had mine flushed out three times from dealer to get rid of shutter and possible future problems, also torque converters failed. This is our 4 th GM suv and first corvette and Im not buying another GM product, issues with all. Kept the denali for now. Wife went to lexus.

Well I'd love to say this was a one time situation, But it's not. I have to assume that the money that is spent for a GM product isn't met with a company that would stand behind their products. Very sad. I haven't bought anything in the last 30 years but General Motors vehicles. I wish I could say I have confidence for future purchases.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gudmat