Replacing Ball Joint and Bushings Z55

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Holland

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm sourcing parts to replace all the ball joints and like the easy path of replacing the entire control arms. I've found 3 of the 4 control arms but the 4th seems to be out of stock everywhere. The ACDelco part number is 45D2471. Amazon has one that ships from World Parts Direct for $260 but that is more than double the other arms and seems crazy when I can get a new joint and bushings for $80.

If I rent a press, is it really that tough to replace just the joint and bushings?

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sourcing parts to replace all the ball joints and like the easy path of replacing the entire control arms. I've found 3 of the 4 control arms but the 4th seems to be out of stock everywhere. The ACDelco part number is 45D2471. Amazon has one that ships from World Parts Direct for $260 but that is more than double the other arms and seems crazy when I can get a new joint and bushings for $80.

If I rent a press, is it really that tough to replace just the joint and bushings?
It's a PITA. Get the control arm. Rock Auto sells the Mevotech also which some say is quite good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
93Typhoon

Latest posts