Replaced two actuators and still not working properly.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Bonestock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
David, you could have solved this months ago with a Tech2. Each actuator has its own trouble code when problems arise. Then each actuator has several symptom codes that describes exactly the problem with that actuator.

For example, my truck throws a code B0413 Symptom 61. This is for my driver's side air temperature actuator and symptom 61 means that it gets stuck. So that describes a mechanical problem with the part. The other two are shorts to ground or battery. Now with my Tech2, I can reset the doors and then with the Tech2, move the actuator to the cool position and it works fine for a few weeks until the door moves just enough out of position to need to drop the temperature to maintain the comfort that I like. Now that it is getting cooler out, we'll get that thing changed out soon.

Anyhow, you need to know exactly which one to change and why it is broken.

B0228 is for the recirculate actuator.
B0413 is for the drivers air temperature actuator.
B0423 is for the passenger air temperature actuator.
B0433 is for the auxiliary air temperature actuator.
B3779 is for the mode actuator.
B3782 is for the auxiliary mode actuator.

Symptom 2 after any of these means it has shorted to ground.

Symptom 5 after any of these means it has shorted to battery or open.

Symptom 61 after any of these means it has stuck.

This should be pinned lol

I ended up buying new HVAC controls from Advance in a last ditch effort to solve this issue before a 2000 miles round trip. Low and behold.....after calibration.....it’s all working except the recirc actuator.

As a side note...three brand new Dorman actuators for sell!

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use the money from the actuators to buy you a ****** Tech 2. They can be had on aliexpress.com pretty cheap. Its where I got mine and you will absolutely love it! A cheap investment for me since all I own is GM. They dont make a GM lawnmower or tiller otherwise they would be GM also!

Darkitec

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Don't mind at all. When I bought this burb the a/c didn't blow cold. Found the leak and it turned out to be the evaporator core. Pulled the entire dash out and replaced it. The recirc stopped working as soon as I got it back together. I charged the a/c and the rest worked for a week or so. Then the passenger side started acting up and with a day the drivers and then the mode. I bought a used hvac controller and it changed nothing and I returned it. I didn't think to try to recalibrate it though. That lead to the actuators
How in the world did you get the dash mount out, Some a-hole at GM ran a wiring loom that goes from under the floor some where to up into the ceiling area through the hole on the left side of the dash, Short of either cutting the harness or cutting through the dash mount I can't find a way to get this freaking thing out of the way.
\

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout