1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replaced all A/C parts. Charge appears good. Not blowing cold.

Discussion in 'Tech Info' started by MattysHoe95, Apr 24, 2021.

Car Parts
  1. MattysHoe95

MattysHoe95 TYF Newbie

Name:
    Matty
    I can't afford it. Worst part is I have done refrigeration on refrigerators for years with no problems I couldn't handle. This on the other hand is a different animal. I always did all the work to my own vehicles including building street/strip cars. This is really driving me nuts. I have never had such problems with a vehicles a/c. Probably has to do with this POS compressor I had to have replaced once already for a failed bearing after 2 months. Now this one may not be compressing the gas properly. I'm am fed up with it for the time being.

Tonyrodz likes this.
  2. PNW VietVet

PNW VietVet Supporting Member

Name:
    Ron
    We see lots of new part failures here when least expensive non quality parts are bought. Don't know what you bought.

3. Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz Resident Resident

Name:
    Tony
    I feel your frustrations.

MattysHoe95 likes this.
  4. exp500

exp500 Full Access Member

Name:
    j
    Had a 96 Tahoe that needed hot water for the last can, then she blew 25-30 delta out the vents. Good luck.

MattysHoe95 likes this.
  5. MattysHoe95

MattysHoe95 TYF Newbie

Name:
    Matty
    Well I finally got it working. Turned out to be something stupid on my part. Since I took everything apart while waiting for a few parts orders to arrive I forgot to take note on the line configuration. I had them reversed! Doh! I figured it out after staring at it all for a while and going over everything in my head on possible issues. Just goes to show no matter how long you work on cars/trucks etc, You can and will still make a mistake here and there. Nice cold 42 degree air coming from the vents finally. Now I won't have to suffer another summer in traffic in the heat. Thanks to all that replied!

swathdiver and PNW VietVet like this.
  6. PNW VietVet

PNW VietVet Supporting Member

Name:
    Ron
    Great. That is one reason why lots of connections that can do the same thing will have a different connect size or thread size to help that from happening. I had a tech in one of my shops that used to take pics of work before teardown to help him remember.

MattysHoe95 and bill1013 like this.
  7. bill1013

bill1013 Full Access Member

Name:
    Earl
    Taking a picture(s) is always a fail safe way to make sure everything goes back to its original position. Tagging or color taping is a good way too. Good to hear you got it going. Cool Runnings to you!

MattysHoe95 and swathdiver like this.