Replace stock shocks or bilstein 5100?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZCreeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick question:

I would like to improve the ride quality of my suburban, i have been thinking and asking this forum about various options but what about just replacing the stock shocks with oem exact replacements?
Stats of my truck
57k miles, non magnetic shocks with 22 premier wheels (which I’m sure don’t help.
So, to achieve more comfortable ride over bad roads would you change to new stock shock or bilstein 5100, or something else?
Thx!

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s a matter of opinion. What ride quality do you like? I like a controlled ride and am willing to give up a little bit of comfort (otherwise known as wallow!)

I went with the bilsteins and will not go back to factory. None of my riders have complained of a rough ride.

Just depends on what you like.

OP
OP
A

AZCreeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s a matter of opinion. What ride quality do you like? I like a controlled ride and am willing to give up a little bit of comfort (otherwise known as wallow!)

I went with the bilsteins and will not go back to factory. None of my riders have complained of a rough ride.

Just depends on what you like.

Thanks!
I think it’s hard for each of us what kind of suspension we are looking for.
Ia looking for less crash over bad roads, potholes, etc...
Right now I would define the ride not only crashy but also not controlled. I have sport cars that are firm yet better dampened.Maybe I should try the bilstein 5100

greenhornet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2015 Tahoe LS all stock equipment and have read some are replacing the shocks with Bilstein etc. I have looked up my vehicle and all say they do not fit this model.Where do you get them and what is the part number if possible.Does the ride improve much over stock.

Christoph

Reaction score
I have a 2015 Tahoe LS all stock equipment and have read some are replacing the shocks with Bilstein etc. I have looked up my vehicle and all say they do not fit this model.Where do you get them and what is the part number if possible.Does the ride improve much over stock.
Which shocks did you end up going with?

OP
OP
A

AZCreeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Sure did fit my 2015 Suburban that has standard suspension from Factory. I ended up going with these front and rear. Lift the front 1-3/4" and nothing to the rear.
Ride quality is better more controlled. much improved would do over again no question

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094