Replace rack and pinion bushings?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its not hard to remove the bushings
I didn't replace the one on the passenger side because I didn't want to break the clamp on strap and wasn't too keen on using a zip tie.
The orientation of the two was a little tricky but, they went in pretty easily with my little press. I had to remove them once to realign. It wasn't so bad. Removing them was surprisingly easy too.
I disconnected my tie rods from the spindles so I wouldn't have to mess with my alignment and it worked out.
All in all, it took about an hour.
Sorry for the scattered post, running late.

dirtydenali07

Reaction score
Im replacing my bushings right now. Trust me, the rack needs to be removed from the vehicle. I used a ball joint press to begin removing the old bushings, then used a hammer to finish as the press isn’t wide/long enough to allow the bushing to come completely out. Only thing is, I had to remove the lines on the rack to fit the press, and the end of one of the lines broke off. And there is way more power steering fluid in the rack than I thought possible; it’s all over the garage floor. Good luck.

Yamathieu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Im replacing my bushings right now. Trust me, the rack needs to be removed from the vehicle. I used a ball joint press to begin removing the old bushings, then used a hammer to finish as the press isn’t wide/long enough to allow the bushing to come completely out. Only thing is, I had to remove the lines on the rack to fit the press, and the end of one of the lines broke off. And there is way more power steering fluid in the rack than I thought possible; it’s all over the garage floor. Good luck.
Does anyone have a part number for the bushings? I have called and looked all over and they only want to sell the whole rack. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC