Replace motor mounts???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
This sucker look like its moovin a lot?

That does not look like a bad motor mount to me. What did it do when you shifted to reverse and throttled it? Plus, I would hit the throttle a bit harder than that as well.

Also, is your fan shroud off in anticipation of the mount replacement or just to check in case was bad and fan may have hit the shroud?

OP
OP
Squirrelsmith

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That does not look like a bad motor mount to me. What did it do when you shifted to reverse and throttled it? Plus, I would hit the throttle a bit harder than that as well.

Also, is your fan shroud off in anticipation of the mount replacement or just to check in case was bad and fan may have hit the shroud?
I took it off doing some work and just never put it back on

OP
OP
Squirrelsmith

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If its not a bad mount i wont be mad it did it, i'll just keep moving down the list haha

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Unless you can get a good light in there and see where it may be coming apart but not bad yet, then I would not worry about it. But, check it with a harder accel on the throttle and both directions. Look at the trans mount while you are getting dirty. Since you are looking all over for mount problems it is not a bad idea to look at all the wiring grounds hat seem to cause a bunch of crazy ghost problems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckylec