Replace lower ball joint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been searching around and thought I'd post some part #s

These are direct from GM
Upper left 25812725
Upper right 25812726

These are labeled specific for Tahoe's w/Police package
Lower left 25997509
Lower right 25997510

For who ever ordered from GM direct, did the control arms include bushings and the ball joint? I ask because some list them as control arms only and some list them including bushings and ball joint.

Did anyone go with MOOG? Thoughts and opinions on there product?

Thanks

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score

These are direct from GM
Upper left 25812725
Upper right 25812726

Lower left 25997509
Lower right 25997510

For who ever ordered from GM direct, did the control arms include bushings and the ball joint? I ask because some list them as control arms only and some list them including bushings and ball joint.

Thanks

I don't have a PPV/SSV but I just did upper arms and lower ball joints on my wife's 2008 Suburban LTZ the other day and used all Moog parts. They were great and there new style of lower ball joint doesn't have a big rubber boot like the older style, the boot is much smaller and built into the joint so you don't have to remove it while installing/pressing the joint into the control arm.

My truck has steel lower control arms so the ball joints are different from the PPV/SSV that use aluminum lowers so make sure you order the correct ones.

OP
OP
L

LiLRedWagon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

These are direct from GM
Upper left 25812725
Upper right 25812726

Lower left 25997509
Lower right 25997510

Thanks
Yes, the control arms came with ball joints and bushings installed.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have a PPV/SSV but I just did upper arms and lower ball joints on my wife's 2008 Suburban LTZ the other day and used all Moog parts. They were great and there new style of lower ball joint doesn't have a big rubber boot like the older style, the boot is much smaller and built into the joint so you don't have to remove it while installing/pressing the joint into the control arm.

My truck has steel lower control arms so the ball joints are different from the PPV/SSV that use aluminum lowers so make sure you order the correct ones.

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.
I will be ordering all PPV specific suspension parts, either MOOG or GM OE.

Yes, the control arms came with ball joints and bushings installed.

Great, thanks for the info, much appreciated

jz57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is what I am rebuilding front suspension for my 2007 Tahoe PPV, ex-NY State Police Hi-Way patrol vehicle:

1) Front control arm from Moog, with bushings and ball-joint as one piece assembly

2) Lower ball-joint (for Aluminum lower control arm), Moog

3) Sway bar end-link, Moog

4) Inner & Outer tie rod, Moog

5) Front strut, PPV application, Monroe

More pix will come.

20170423_140706_zpsfcpehn5w.jpg

20170423_140659_zpswqf7vivr.jpg