Replace LC9 with LH6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CRMW

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi All

Its my first post and Im in the process of picking up a 2013 Yukon XL with an LC9 and tranny problems and 411,000km (255,000 miles). I have a 2009 Sierra with frame damage with 52,000 km (32,000 mi) with an LH6. My current plan is to pull the engine and tranny from the yukon and replace it with the engine and tranny from the sierra. I've been searching and found a bunch of info that in sifting through, however and tips/concerns or advise would be helpful.

OP
OP
C

CRMW

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

kbuskill - 73 pages, WOW! I'm going to need a clear head and more comfortable chair to go through that one.

iamdub - That's what i was hoping for, any idea if the transmission will need to be reflashed?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

kbuskill - 73 pages, WOW! I'm going to need a clear head and more comfortable chair to go through that one.

iamdub - That's what i was hoping for, any idea if the transmission will need to be reflashed?

Chris has it right. I do believe you'll need the TECHM on the donor transmission flashed to the Yukon's VIN.

https://help.summitracing.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4853

Welcome aboard btw and post up some photos when you can. Are you going to save the Yukon's engine and transmission? What is wrong with the transmission?

OP
OP
C

CRMW

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am going to save the engine and transmission, I was thinking about replacing the v6 in my Silverado but that may be wishful thinking. I'm not sure whats wrong with the transmission as I haven't driven the the truck and won't be picking it up for a few days. It was owned by a Hutterite Colony, in northern Saskatchewan and I'm picking it up for cheap from a small car lot due to the transmission issues and high mileage.

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to save the engine and transmission, I was thinking about replacing the v6 in my Silverado but that may be wishful thinking. I'm not sure whats wrong with the transmission as I haven't driven the the truck and won't be picking it up for a few days. It was owned by a Hutterite Colony, in northern Saskatchewan and I'm picking it up for cheap from a small car lot due to the transmission issues and high mileage.

A Tech-2 will speed up diagnosis and quickly pay for itself with the projects you have planned.

OP
OP
C

CRMW

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Tech2 would be nice but I got HP Tuners and it use up alot of my play money

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Run4st