Replace fuel filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tkdgirl

Reaction score
Everything I've seen about fuel filter replacement has it on a driver side along the bottom rail. But my mechanic swears it's inside the fuel pump. I have a 2011 Yukon XL Denali. If it's indeed along the rail underside is it pretty easy to change? Anyone have a video I can watch?

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everything I've seen about fuel filter replacement has it on a driver side along the bottom rail. But my mechanic swears it's inside the fuel pump. I have a 2011 Yukon XL Denali. If it's indeed along the rail underside is it pretty easy to change? Anyone have a video I can watch?
Your mechanic is correct. And I wouldn’t call it a filter so much as a plastic mesh sock on the fuel pump pick up tube. The good news is that unless you got some really dirty fuel, it should never require any maintenance. Fuel pumps on these tend to last anywhere between 150,000 and 220,000 miles, maybe more.

OP
OP
tkdgirl

tkdgirl

Reaction score
Your mechanic is correct. And I wouldn’t call it a filter so much as a plastic mesh sock on the fuel pump pick up tube. The good news is that unless you got some really dirty fuel, it should never require any maintenance. Fuel pumps on these tend to last anywhere between 150,000 and 220,000 miles, maybe more.
Thank you!