Replace Carpet or Spray down bed liner?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

"350Vortec"

*Tahoeless, For now*
Reaction score
My carpet in my tahoe has been destroyed since day 1. It didnt help that when i was away my dad attempted to clean the carpets by hosing them down and not removing all the water. My truck now smells like must. and is molding in some areas. This is a pretty serious problem.

So my question to you is, Napa sells a spray on liner made specially for interior. Its $9 a can, not bad. Two cans can do my whole truck. I love the idea of being able to spray down my interior(to a limit) . I use my truck for work alot.There is not one day that goes by where my carpet does not get covered in dirt from a jobsite.

Or my second option is to buy a replacement pre cut carpet, Which comes to 155 shipped, Thats only for the passenger area though. Not cargo.

What do you think?

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, no offense I starting to dislike your Pops. Who does that? Any smart person would go to an automotive store and pick up a can carpet cleaner like any other person.

Well now you have no choice to pulle the carpet and clean out your Hoe. Thats not must...thats mold and its not healthy to breathe.

I know your short on Cash. So what I would do is Pull Carpet and clean out the Hoe! Maybe some over the counter kitchen/bathroom cleaner that has bleech in it. Now since your carpet is out. YOU can efficiently clean it with whatever you please...like soak it in cleaner and then powerwash it. If your unhappy with the results then SPRAY IT BLACK!

I don't like the idea of bedliner/rhinoliner in the interior part. I feel safer with carpet b/w me and body of my truck as in protection of the body from elements.

OP
OP
"350Vortec"

"350Vortec"

*Tahoeless, For now*
Reaction score
Ok, no offense I starting to dislike your Pops. Who does that? Any smart person would go to an automotive store and pick up a can carpet cleaner like any other person.

Well now you have no choice to pulle the carpet and clean out your Hoe. Thats not must...thats mold and its not healthy to breathe.

I know your short on Cash. So what I would do is Pull Carpet and clean out the Hoe! Maybe some over the counter kitchen/bathroom cleaner that has bleech in it. Now since your carpet is out. YOU can efficiently clean it with whatever you please...like soak it in cleaner and then powerwash it. If your unhappy with the results then SPRAY IT BLACK!

I don't like the idea of bedliner/rhinoliner in the interior part. I feel safer with carpet b/w me and body of my truck as in protection of the body from elements.

The make black spray paint for carpet!? Where can i find this ! :Handshake:

Dont worry, my pops is an *******.

After DOing some searching, It seems Duplicolors Vinyl and Fabric spray paint is my best option. I can get it from a local store.

Last edited:

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PLEASE pull out your carpet! Make sure its a nice day unless you'll be working inside in a garage. If you going to do your cabin you will have to remove seats and center conspole!

When installing my stereo system I didn't run my wires underneath the carpet b/c I couldn't undo my seat belt bolt.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
Yea pull that shit out before it starts to rust... i bought my whole carpet for 250 bucks and it was a POS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! next time i buy carpet, im going to be very very picky on who i get it from.. a lot of cutting, a lot and a lot of hard worthless work on that shit. It looks like hell in the front right over the transmission hump on the floor.. i love new carpet and it looks good, but not worth my time doing it.. you cant go cheap on cars.. it will hurt you in return.. Guaranteed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 12:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 AM ----------

The door sills will have to come out. the kick panels, front seat belts. rear floor heater vents.. etc etc.. spray in bedliner would be cool to a certain extent.. maybe if it was a mudding truck and all your electrical was water proof so you could hose down the inside. but yours is a DD. and would look like hell when you took your gurl to a dinner or some shit..

roadrageror

ROADRAGEROR
Reaction score
A guy I know has a k5 style full size blazer with the removable top 88ish big tires(38) and lift has his all spray in , looks nice but a full time mud truck!!

mikeykey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did that to my 84' ford F-150 lifted w/ 38 tires. It looked good partly b/c those old trucks had almost no plastic interior and lots of exposed, painted sheet metal in the cab.

IMO you'd regret doing it. Here is something to think about. My buddy rebuilds mustangs and has done this trick to every mustang he rebuilds. What he does is sprays all the interior sheet metal with a bedliner / underbody coating prior to putting the carpet in. What it does is acts similar to dynomat and blocks sooooo much road noise.

If you can get a spray gun, get something like this:
http://highland-trading.net/images/products/3m_underseal.jpg

I've used this stuff and it sucks...flakes off and doesn't hold up:
http://media.photobucket.com/image/3m undercoating/talontsi31/webpro.jpg

OP
OP
"350Vortec"

"350Vortec"

*Tahoeless, For now*
Reaction score
I really appreciate the help guys, I guess that ebay carpet would not be good haha! Ill be doing ripping my carpet out this weekend and Cleaning the piss out of it and then Spray painting it black. Ill take pics and keep you updated. Thanks again.

roadrageror

ROADRAGEROR
Reaction score
i like the idea of bedliner under the carpet.especially for year round drivers with bad winters and lots of snow.it would be way more quiet too!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic