Replace , cap or cover GMT900 dash...?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would just replace it. The caps are beyond ugly and look so cheap and half-***ed in my opinion.

WTSHARK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sitting, with the sun beating down onto it through the windshield takes a toll. Even if you're parking in garage at home, carport or other option... the dash is getting baked in UV. They shouldn't be cracking so soon, I have a 2015 with a flawless dash, but I also put sunshades up in the windshield whenever parked more than 30 minutes. It's gotten to be such a habit, the wife's doing it to hers as well. My 93 Crew Cab C3500, which I be-grudgingly sold in 2015 after buying the new Yukon XL, always had a dash cover. In the early to mid 90's when the "Sport Truck Craze" was in full swing, I bought that dash pad at one of the local Auto Swap Meets, it was "custom" designed for the dash, and had a Chevy Bow Tie embroidered on it. It fit like a second skin, was tucked into the dash/windshield seam with a spatula when I first installed it and aside from removing it once or twice to ensure the dash was still in great shape, was still on the truck when I sold it.
There's a lot to be said for a bit of forethought and protection. As asked previously, 1100, if installed seems not terrible. Or, purchasing a new one and installing it yourself after watching a few "Do-it yourself" (Youtube) videos is worth a shot-

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sitting, with the sun beating down onto it through the windshield takes a toll. Even if you're parking in garage at home, carport or other option... the dash is getting baked in UV. They shouldn't be cracking so soon, I have a 2015 with a flawless dash, but I also put sunshades up in the windshield whenever parked more than 30 minutes. It's gotten to be such a habit, the wife's doing it to hers as well. My 93 Crew Cab C3500, which I be-grudgingly sold in 2015 after buying the new Yukon XL, always had a dash cover. In the early to mid 90's when the "Sport Truck Craze" was in full swing, I bought that dash pad at one of the local Auto Swap Meets, it was "custom" designed for the dash, and had a Chevy Bow Tie embroidered on it. It fit like a second skin, was tucked into the dash/windshield seam with a spatula when I first installed it and aside from removing it once or twice to ensure the dash was still in great shape, was still on the truck when I sold it.
There's a lot to be said for a bit of forethought and protection. As asked previously, 1100, if installed seems not terrible. Or, purchasing a new one and installing it yourself after watching a few "Do-it yourself" (Youtube) videos is worth a shot-
I have a 2002 Denali and after 17 years it still looks new with no protection ever. It’s just a bad design on the NNBS or bad plastic. Not sure but a sunshade might save them. Too bad because you used to not have to worry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh