Replace Backup Camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Octavio Rodriguez

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm a 100% disabled veteran and I recently installed a scooter lift on my 2020 GMC Yukon SLT, which came with a factory installed radio and no navigation.

The lift is totally blocking the camera image and I want to replace the camera and install a new one onto the lift. Is this possible? Has anyone done it? Do you know any company that does this? The ideal situation would be to use the current display monitor in the vehicle.

I'd appreciate any help or ideas?

Thanks

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
https://www.amazon.com/Sierra-Silverado-Camera-Intellilink-Systems/dp/B01FSUL5KK
took me a while to find it not 100% its the one you want maybe someone else can chime in in regards to if you have the 8 pin or 6 pin connector. towards the bottom it lists the separate part number for the other model. all this unit does ia plug directly into the factory plug for the backup camera and gives you a license plate mount or a universal mount option. fairly simple so if you know anyone handy it should be able to be done by anyone. however as its a 2020 you may want to swing by the dealership and see if they have a problem warranty wise with it being done. i cant imagine a dealership not helping you out with this either if your a disabled veteran. your next option again as this is a very simple install finding a local car audio/modification shop. one of these shops may even be willing to make sure that unit will fit your truck get it for you and you just swing back through for installation.

OP
OP
O

Octavio Rodriguez

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
https://www.amazon.com/Sierra-Silverado-Camera-Intellilink-Systems/dp/B01FSUL5KK
took me a while to find it not 100% its the one you want maybe someone else can chime in in regards to if you have the 8 pin or 6 pin connector. towards the bottom it lists the separate part number for the other model. all this unit does ia plug directly into the factory plug for the backup camera and gives you a license plate mount or a universal mount option. fairly simple so if you know anyone handy it should be able to be done by anyone. however as its a 2020 you may want to swing by the dealership and see if they have a problem warranty wise with it being done. i cant imagine a dealership not helping you out with this either if your a disabled veteran. your next option again as this is a very simple install finding a local car audio/modification shop. one of these shops may even be willing to make sure that unit will fit your truck get it for you and you just swing back through for installation.

I purchased this camera, but the connector is an 8-pin connector and the 2020 yukon has a 6-pin connector. I wrote back to them to see if there is another option. Thanks

IMG951758.jpg

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i cant bring the link up anymore but i remember the page had mention of an 8 pin or 6 pin. pretty sure they had a 6 pin version.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01