Repaint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ltlf

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 1994 2 door sport. As a result, the grill, flares and rocker panels are painted argent (the main body is dark red). I need to repaint the bottom half as those areas have faded. Due to the fading I cannot tell whether those portions were originally painted in flat, satin or gloss. Does anytime know? Thanks for the help.

00'BlueSteel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like it depended on the trim level you got and color. Seems like all the trucks that had black trim had just plan plastic trim that was black like a bumper cap. Other ones came with paint matched pieces that were gloss. I would suggest doing whatever you would like to do at this point, you’re putting in the time and money make it how you want regardless of how it came.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d say that mine (98) is flat. I’ve seen some with a gloss on it and suspect they were a repaint.

There is no clear coat on the flares, but I couldn’t be sure about the lower body.

This was a touch up paint color number that I used on my flares, it was a perfect match. Maybe they have larger quantities.

414946a714b2aefaeadaadd4c7782790.jpg

Dirty, but here’s the original paint:

da8e03dd1af990f563b9fabb2ef4af61.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Butterfly7