Rental Tahoe unlimited miles?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back in 2015, I rented a 2015 Tahoe LT 4x4 in Dallas for a hunting trip. I flew home after that trip and bought my first Tahoe. I when I travel, I rent vehicles through Costco Travel.

Beware...ALL the main rental car companies will quote you on a Full Size or Luxury SUV but in the fine print you'll see "Chevy Tahoe or similar"... you'll need to call the location that you're planning to rent from to reserve a specific vehicle. As someone else here suggested, renting from a non-airport location may be cheaper and easier to reserve specifically a Tahoe.
" Or similar".... Yea.... No guarantee a rental car returns on planned schedule.... So you hope the one you want is available. Non-airport locations don't have the inventory.

Philpug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are going to put 5000 miles on in the trip. Assiming that you will have the rental 2 weeks, at say 100/day that is $1,400 dollars that .28 cents a mile which is pretty cheap. Question is, you are concerned with putting the mikes on your truck, say you have one with 50,000 miles on it and another with 55,000 miles, is the one wtiht 55,000 worth $1,400 less?

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are going to put 5000 miles on in the trip. Assiming that you will have the rental 2 weeks, at say 100/day that is $1,400 dollars that .28 cents a mile which is pretty cheap. Question is, you are concerned with putting the mikes on your truck, say you have one with 50,000 miles on it and another with 55,000 miles, is the one wtiht 55,000 worth $1,400 less?
Yea... there is a cost...... But if your vehicle has a problem, one phone call to the rental company and you are back on your way. Vacation plans won't get screwed up.

OP
OP
TahoeFL2017

TahoeFL2017

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did well during the worst of COVID using Turo.com, peer-to-peer rentals, I got a Raptor in Denver for $500 for 2 days, when a Camry would have cost the same, at a retail rental place like Hertz

Me and the wife both agree that 5k miles is just too much driving, we'd prefer to fly in, rent, then fly back to Tampa.

Our upcoming trip to Nashville from Tampa, we're driving that one, no problem there.

Turo.com is pretty cool, used it to try out a Tesla model X back in May, fast but quality and range were the main issues.

Range is def NOT 300 miles, if you like to drive it remotely quick or use accessories like the AC.

Before any EV nuts jump in and argue, remember, you drive around with "Co-exist" bumper stickers, so we get to keep our ICE Tahoes for as long as we want!

Jakeo1962

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Maybe if you contact OJ you might get one from Hertz.......LOLOLOL

JOKING

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kentf3

Latest posts