Rental Tahoe unlimited miles?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TahoeFL2017

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know which rental company is best for this?

Driving to Yellowstone from Tampa so want to keep the miles off my rig

My 80 year old mother usually rents when she drives from California to Florida, and gets unlimited miles.

Enterprise maybe?

Any and all responses appreciated!

Philpug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We had unlimited miles when we rented a Suburban back at the beginning of the year, from Enterprise while our Yukon XL was in the shop. In 5 weeks we put on 7500 miles.

OP
OP
TahoeFL2017

TahoeFL2017

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the rental price and gas is going to drain your bank, if your going to get a rental get something that gets decent gas mileage so it at least offsets the rental cost vs driving your own vehicle
I'm 6 ft 8 so anything smaller than a Tahoe is just torture on a road trip.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm 6 ft 8 so anything smaller than a Tahoe is just torture on a road trip.
You should just drive your own Tahoe IMHO. These vehicles are made for long distance runs. I for one don't care how miles I put on. But that is just me. After a long run my Hoe seems to run so much better.

Finding a Tahoe/Suburbans are not easy to find at rental agencies as they are the first vehicles customers ask for. At least in my neck of the woods. A friend visiting had to take care of a manager at Enterprise so he would call him when a Tahoe or Suburban came in. The manger did call 24 hours later and he had to come over there immediately to get the Suburban or it would be gone.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe a Buick?

buick shaq.jpg

I'd guess a Tahoe/Suburban would be the best choice and I do seem them at Enterprise here locally too.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Enterprise usually rents them, but they are usually minimally equipped and other people have had the same Idea as you. I had a 2021 rental that already had 60K miles on it and looked like it was rode hard and put away wet...
Same as @Miami-Dade above, Drive your own. I bought mine to road trip and that's where is shines best. Have drove it 1K a day... Duramax loves to run... Get good use out of the connected Nav and other features. A rental won't have any of this stuff....

clogan2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Think of it like this: if you drive your own rig, when you get back home, because of the rental fees you don't have to pay, it will be like getting a surprise check in the mail for $$$.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts