Removing the HMI Module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whoseanthony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok sooooo in the over excitement of taking out my HMI module and getting the hack done I did the cut/splice method above. Unfortunately I forgot one key step. Mark which white and which blue wire go with what. Since these are the same color is there any other identifier as to which is which for when I reconnect everything? Or (what I am hoping) is that it doesn't matter which white and which blue connects as it is just meant to close each respective circuit. Any and all her/advice would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So it seems the wires do just complete the circuit. Soldered everything back together and blues-blues and whites-whites and the truck and system are working perfectly. Great hack!. Next up AppleTV for in Car Airplay

sssiglover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need some guidance here. Am I suppose pull anything out of this box or do I just ship the whole thing? No need to jump anything here, I can let the truck sit ideal until it comes back. Thanks
uploadfromtaptalk1407715183339.jpg

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm bumping a heck of old thread, but...

Any shops in the Bay Area of California that are familiar with this? I want to unlock the nav and the movie screen on my new Denali xl... However...I just had a pretty major surgery and am not physically capable of getting in and out of the car to do this mod, and probably won't be for a couple more months...

The wife is 3-4 weeks of delivering our first, so I am sure there is going to be lots of long trips to her families house 3 hours away...

Can anyone recommend an install place? I'd be happy to do the core exchange so it could be an in and out experience!

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHNorthWoods