Removing the factory fender flares

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brasil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello guys

my 02 Tahoe has the painted factory fender flares. I would like to remove them.. the only question is
the piece of flare that sits on the rear door - how is it fixed ? With double cement tape ...or rivets ?
the flares on the wheelhouse are bolted on with plastic rivets - as far as I can see

Thank you

Greetings Juergen

omar ortiz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
the ones on the door has double sided tape all the way around. I took mine off a week ago. pain in the ass to get the glue off, but now I need to get it buffed since there are dirt marks around the top of where they sat on for so long.

Potch

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
the ones on the door has double sided tape all the way around. I took mine off a week ago. pain in the ass to get the glue off, but now I need to get it buffed since there are dirt marks around the top of where they sat on for so long.

I'm going to be removing mine soon. What did you use to remove them? I figured a heat gun and some goo-gone should do the trick.

Thanks

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
What they said ^^^

Plus including plastic clips all 6 flare pieces do have double sided tape on the top edge so be prepared for that.

Eraser wheel will remove the left over tape. Don't use it in direct sun light. Make sure paint is dry and cool.

omar ortiz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
sorry for super late response, I used my wifes hair dryer and some fishing line to get them off then used eraser wheel to remove the rest of the tape

CamReynolds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello guys

my 02 Tahoe has the painted factory fender flares. I would like to remove them.. the only question is
the piece of flare that sits on the rear door - how is it fixed ? With double cement tape ...or rivets ?
the flares on the wheelhouse are bolted on with plastic rivets - as far as I can see

Thank you

Greetings Juergen
what color are they? i might know someone who would want to buy them...;)

mijohnst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great post... I'm getting ready to do this and I'm just bracing myself for that paint damage I'm going to have to pay to have fixed. lol

texas1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2002 with these fender flares and as much as I LOVE the truck I think these things look awful and faded. I was in a parking lot today and noticed some other Tahoe's do not have this and looking forward to getting these removed. Do they perform any function?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I have a 2002 with these fender flares and as much as I LOVE the truck I think these things look awful and faded. I was in a parking lot today and noticed some other Tahoe's do not have this and looking forward to getting these removed. Do they perform any function?
Imo mostly for door dings, and if you offroad protects from flying rocks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC