Removing Cuby in Center Console?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
On the 2003 Tahoes how do you remove the cuby's where the cigarette lighter is. Is it just clips like usual and pull straight out or do you have to take out the whole center console?

MASS-HOE'Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think your talking about the piece with the upper nd lower cubby holes with the top one slightly smaller, its should just be 1 piece with the cigarette lighter included, dont need to take the whole console out, i thinks its 4 clips holding the black (my cubbys are black) piece in, should be able to just pull it straight out with only a little effort, dont pull too hard tho or you'll over pull it and rip the cigarette outlet wires out

OP
OP
thehoe92

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
yeah right after I posted this I went out and tried again and saw they are just clips and it came right out.

I am asking because I am thinking about fiberglassing an Alpine RUX-C701 processor in the larger cuby hole

MASS-HOE'Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice, I just had mine off yesterday to take measurements to get a monitor in there sumtime, gettin that project might take awhile tho

OP
OP
thehoe92

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
it also would have come in handy when I was installing my sound system as there is a clean 12 volt to tap off. oh well now I know its there for anything else.