Removing Bose (it sucks) eventually

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DallasTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
05 Yukon with Bose and onstar, don’t care about either, I want to remove it and put better clearer speakers, amp and subs. Don’t care about the steering wheel controls either but may put in the controller thing (not familiar with the name. I’m already planning for a 5 channel amp to inside the console. I have the same console in my OBS and the amp fits perfectly inside. Main question is, am I going to run into any problems with the wiring for the speakers? I know Bose has a different ohm rating so I’m wondering if I’m going to have to do a full rewire of the speakers or am I going to be ok? By the way I’m not going with a big system just a couple of 10’s or a 12in.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OB 04Denali

Reaction score
05 Yukon with Bose and onstar, don’t care about either, I want to remove it and put better clearer speakers, amp and subs. Don’t care about the steering wheel controls either but may put in the controller thing (not familiar with the name. I’m already planning for a 5 channel amp to inside the console. I have the same console in my OBS and the amp fits perfectly inside. Main question is, am I going to run into any problems with the wiring for the speakers? I know Bose has a different ohm rating so I’m wondering if I’m going to have to do a full rewire of the speakers or am I going to be ok? By the way I’m not going with a big system just a couple of 10’s or a 12in.
Thanks

How's it going. I'm finally at the end of my project after 4 years. I have an 04 with Bose. I've done a lot of planning so I can save you some time. When I first started I replaced the head unit all together and abondned the amp in the center console and replaced it with other amps.

3 amps in boxes under the seats with fans, 3 8" sub's in between the center console and an 8 in the back panel. You cant see anything. Only real building I had to do was for under the seats. And everything else looks stock.
Ask away if you want, theres been a lot of figuring out and "hope it works" along the way. I'm sure I can help.
Sounds very nice and clear also and very balanced. Nothing out of the world just some nice sound

Dan O

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I replaced my entire Bose system on my 07 Yukon XL Denali, as the sound characteristics generated by the Bose system were not what I personally liked.

The original speaker wires to the four doors and front windshield tweeter posts should be good for any aftermarket speaker and amp combinations for those speaker locations. I would recommend replacing any other existing speaker (sub) and power wires, and size them to handle the amperage requirements of each, based upon the aftermarket components that you purchase.

If you can, keep your low voltage pre-amp, and 12V power wires separated from each other when you run them to your amplifier.

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's like no mids and no thump in the Bose .. there always issues with small speakers . I'm going try adding real sub and bigger speakers and see what happens . [emoji15][emoji849]

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I totally agree, Woodblocker55, with your 'no mids' assessment for Bose systems. I have found this void in both their home and car/truck systems, which is why I stated in my previous posting that Bose systems were not what I personally liked for sound. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one with that opinion.

Depending upon your budget for door and post speakers, I suggest that you listen to the Focal speaker line, as I believe that they have some of the best mids on the market.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For now, I'm pretty content with my bose. I have an 09 LTZ and checking through a dealer, I have RPO STZ and it is the same as Y91 (has a center speaker) which has a better amp than the other bose systems in the LT trim. However, I think the equalizer on my S9 is what is making it sound so good, there are a lot of options in there that really make a difference. The normal radio doesn't sound that great. When any of it craps out, I'll most likely go aftermarket.

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes you know I have a 2002 Cadillac DeVille with a base stereo not Bose it has 8 speaker system sub in middle of back deck center one in front to . And it makes the 2006 Yukon XL SLT Bose 6 CD changer. Sound pretty Lame I was disappointed. But It might be alot to do with smaller space . And large area also . What's strange speakers in Cadillac are all bigger also so might be a poor way to compare . But my point is the Cadillac systems are probably already in the newer yukons Tahoes suburbans. Because the 2006 Yukon has alot same working electronic systems as 2002 DeVille not that I'm saying people that by Cadillacs are guinea pigs. But thru the years it kinda seems that way .
Might be GM/Caddy test faze . Let the picky rip it apart first then they know trouble there going to have in the future . Remember the growing pains of the Northstar 1993 it's like start of the cast aluminum block 300 hp first ones had more hp but issues.
Rock solid in 2003 2000 was faze of rock solid 5.3L cast iron and 6.0 aluminum block in the SUVs with higher torque and horse power you could call it a coincidence. But I think there's a link just don't know how. I'm only guessing . Got off track but you get idea .

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
DallasTahoe

DallasTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How's it going. I'm finally at the end of my project after 4 years. I have an 04 with Bose. I've done a lot of planning so I can save you some time. When I first started I replaced the head unit all together and abondned the amp in the center console and replaced it with other amps.

3 amps in boxes under the seats with fans, 3 8" sub's in between the center console and an 8 in the back panel. You cant see anything. Only real building I had to do was for under the seats. And everything else looks stock.
Ask away if you want, theres been a lot of figuring out and "hope it works" along the way. I'm sure I can help.
Sounds very nice and clear also and very balanced. Nothing out of the world just some nice sound

Dan O

So I have a nice alpine dd in my 98 Yukon and I want to move it to my 05, what will I need? I know I need the bracket and a harness adapter, don’t care about steering wheel controls right now, I’ll add that farther down the road, but which bracket? I only ask because I have the 5 disc radio not sure if it’s different

OB 04Denali

Reaction score
So I have a nice alpine dd in my 98 Yukon and I want to move it to my 05, what will I need? I know I need the bracket and a harness adapter, don’t care about steering wheel controls right now, I’ll add that farther down the road, but which bracket? I only ask because I have the 5 disc radio not sure if it’s different

What's up,
I have an android head unit so it was a little tricky. With an original DD, I'd say the dd bracket for that truck and the harness like you said. Prally a PAC.
What I usually do is, I go to crutchfield.com plug in the info on what you want under fit my vehicle, then get the part number and search for it. I usually get my stuff from Amazon or soniceletronic whatever is cheaper. If you need any help with what you want to do just PM me. I don't mind helping ya out.

OP
OP
DallasTahoe

DallasTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's up,
I have an android head unit so it was a little tricky. With an original DD, I'd say the dd bracket for that truck and the harness like you said. Prally a PAC.
What I usually do is, I go to crutchfield.com plug in the info on what you want under fit my vehicle, then get the part number and search for it. I usually get my stuff from Amazon or soniceletronic whatever is cheaper. If you need any help with what you want to do just PM me. I don't mind helping ya out.

Ok cool don’t know why I didn’t think of that [emoji1417]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitransmission