Removed factory running board

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rallytahoe18

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I removed the factory running board just to see how it would look. What do y’all think? Do you prefer with or without?
Hey, im am woundering if that front bottom plastic valance came with the truck or do you have a part number you can spare. Been trying to look for one for a few months now. Than ks in advance.

OP
OP
Tahoe_Rx

Tahoe_Rx

Reaction score
Hey, im am woundering if that front bottom plastic valance came with the truck or do you have a part number you can spare. Been trying to look for one for a few months now. Than ks in advance.
I just used painters tape to make a straight line and then trimmed the factory valance with a dremmel. Pretty quick and easy. Then just sanded it smooth at the end

mikeb3408

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you end up leaving the running boards off? I am considering doing the same thing and just wanted to get your opinion after several months

OP
OP
Tahoe_Rx

Tahoe_Rx

Reaction score
I ran it with no running boards for over a year but my wife hated climbing in and out with the level and bigger tires. When she was pregnant I ended up adding some aftermarket aluminum steps. I have had them on for quite a while and they hold up much better than the factory plastic steps that end up scratched and faded. I will try to upload a few pics later

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442