Removed cross rails at dealer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Runn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When I bought my 2020 Yukon they removed the cross rails just because I didn't want them on there. A few days later I noticed that the two sections where they were installed have holes rather than the middle section that has caps.

When I reached out to the dealer they said more or less, they're not supposed to have caps. That doesn't seem right to me since the middle has the caps. Can anyone confirm this or tell me the part these caps are called?

JPEG image-9D98F7466CF7-1.jpeg

DirtyBlackHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They definitely have caps. They are little plastic plugs that go in there. I will try to get a picture this afternoon of mine.

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I bought my 2020 Yukon they removed the cross rails just because I didn't want them on there. A few days later I noticed that the two sections where they were installed have holes rather than the middle section that has caps.

When I reached out to the dealer they said more or less, they're not supposed to have caps. That doesn't seem right to me since the middle has the caps. Can anyone confirm this or tell me the part these caps are called?

View attachment 250223
When I removed my cross rails I bought white plastic screws to fill the holes. Since your post I've ordered the black plastic caps from gm parts direct. Thanks for bringing this up!

kentman

Reaction score
I am just the opposite. I had to order new GM cross rails from eBay when I bought the Yukon. It did not have any when I got it. I like them for use of the large Thule cargo box on long trips and transporting the 10' Christmas tree every year (bring home and disposal).

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am just the opposite. I had to order new GM cross rails from eBay when I bought the Yukon. It did not have any when I got it. I like them for use of the large Thule cargo box on long trips and transporting the 10' Christmas tree every year (bring home and disposal).
I agree that the cross rails have a good purpose, but for me it's once a year or so.... The remainder of the year they rest comfortably in the rafters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne