Remove springs from struts help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
***** apart now. Not like I anticipated but it happened. The spring compressor worked well. The 2nd nut on the strut was fairly welded in place. I actually had to grind a place to clamp to remove it. Also the strut broke in half. Yeah....

Broken apart
ncgxtit.jpg

Ground place to grasp
xSPrt2m.jpg

Ready to twist with fancy sockets
UwGIEBy.jpg

All in pieces
w7AYnIg.jpg

Well I guess that explains why they say not to let the shaft rotate... it's threaded on the lower portion as well.

OP
OP
T

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I guess that explains why they say not to let the shaft rotate... it's threaded on the lower portion as well.

Thats exactly what I was thinking! Finally, proof!

I'm now waiting on new spring isolators to arrive before I go any further. Mine are torn up.

OP
OP
T

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used that tool. Its quite nice. I used the electric impact to tighten. I can't imagine using it with hand tools. Be sure to grease the threads.

It never gave me the ******* like other tools. I was still careful to use goggles and to point the spring away from my face and body at all times.

41kLOC9.jpg

Finished result.
OhdwNnh.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT