Remote starter ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
Look in your glove box on the sticker, if it shows rpo code AP8 you are wired for it from the factory. You will still have to purchase the Official GM accessorie and have it programmed to the BCM.

mr tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buy the drone system i have it on my truck you can use your oem fob or start lock unlock her through your phone wich i love, for example this winter i start my truck from class in college like 15 mins before the class ends freeze to death walking to her but booooy it feels god to get in a warm car after feeling cold...
DO NOT get the oem remote starter absolutely rubbish you will have to pay more for lower range and less options

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Buy the drone system i have it on my truck you can use your oem fob or start lock unlock her through your phone wich i love, for example this winter i start my truck from class in college like 15 mins before the class ends freeze to death walking to her but booooy it feels god to get in a warm car after feeling cold...
DO NOT get the oem remote starter absolutely rubbish you will have to pay more for lower range and less options

I use the my chevy app to start mine from wherever.... when im close enuff i use the remote

mr tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol basically depending on your package the more you pay the extra options you get for example you can locate your car on your phone or if someone tries anything fishy the car will send you a text and some more options i really don't remember plus the keyless entry is kinda cool

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Generally the ppv/ssv do not come with Onstar Galante I assume that is what you are referring to ?

Forgot it was the cheap ppv......lol kidding. Guess it would be to expensive to add the onstar module. Cheaper to aftermarket it...
Disregard my post......lol

bstdrvr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I wanted to add remote start to my 2010 Tahoe SSV.
Looked at some options and ended up getting a good deal on a Fortin EVO-GMT4 kit.
Also had to get Fortin's Flash Link programmer to set it up.
It was called a "plug and play" install kit and pretty much was, I had it installed in less than 30 mins.
It also has some nice options but I stuck with my factory remote.
Press Lock 3 times and vrrrooom.

Search YouTube for plug and play remote start and check it out.

edit...

all for about a $100

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteHorseBFD792