Remote starter tool hookup location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Roger08LTZ

Reaction score
I'm chasing a electrical problem. I need to crank the engine while conducting tests. I have one of those hand held starter switches. No doubt I can crawl under and hook it direct to the starter soloniod, but I was woundering if there was a more convienent under hood connecting point to kick the starter?

Thanks!

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
How long are the leads on that remote starter switch? You can use an extension wire with clips on each end. Use about a 10 or 12 gauge and should be ok. Every guy that has a tool box has at least 3 things in them. A junk drawer for miscellaneous nuts and bolts and washers and and and... Also has a mechanic's stethoscope and several different lengths of wires with clips on each end.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How long are the leads on that remote starter switch? You can use an extension wire with clips on each end. Use about a 10 or 12 gauge and should be ok. Every guy that has a tool box has at least 3 things in them. A junk drawer for miscellaneous nuts and bolts and washers and and and... Also has a mechanic's stethoscope and several different lengths of wires with clips on each end.
And a spare steering wheel.