Remote start?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yarddog2789

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been asked but I have a 2016 tahoe PPV from Utah County Utah, purchased from Chicago Motors Inc that I was wondering on how to get the remote start enabled. I know the remotes I received from CMI didn't have the remote start button. Any ideas?

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure on the K2 PPVs. For thecopcar (nnbs) I researched it, and learned the easiest way to accomplish it was an aftermarket remote start kit.

Chickensandwich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some have it some don’t. Yours simply may not have factory remote start. There are after market remote start kits that don it using your phone. I’d personally for that.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been asked but I have a 2016 tahoe PPV from Utah County Utah, purchased from Chicago Motors Inc that I was wondering on how to get the remote start enabled. I know the remotes I received from CMI didn't have the remote start button. Any ideas?
look at the build sheet, if it shows having remote start then you can get a oem fob from the dealer or a locksmith and have it programmed, getting one anywhere else is possible but you won't be able to program it yourself and the dealer is going to charge to do that and a locksmith might not even program a remote they did not sell you, it's hitt-n-miss on that. you will want to have at least 2 fobs
you can get the build sheet from chevy online chat/customer support on the chevy website regular hours m-f eastern time and half a day saturdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt