Remote start with factory keys (complete)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nathan Morrison

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Installed a Fortin Evo-GM4 remote start. You need the remote start and the flash link updater for programming. Follow the video below from Warmcarnow on YouTube for install.

I had everything installed but had to call customer service to realize I had to click the setting for "start on lock-lock-lock" in the programming software from my computer.

I was able to start it recently from my 4th story hotel room and 300ft away to the back row of the parking lot with a factory remote.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_938EVOGM4/Fortin-EVO-GM4.html

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_938FLU1002/Fortin-FLU-100-2.html

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed a flash logic brand remote start that was $100 on eBay and was as simple as removing the lower column piece similar to your. You hit lock 3 times to start it. No programming and works flawless with the stock remotes.

OP
OP
Nathan Morrison

Nathan Morrison

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I installed a flash logic brand remote start that was $100 on eBay and was as simple as removing the lower column piece similar to your. You hit lock 3 times to start it. No programming and works flawless with the stock remotes.
That's pretty nice it must be pre programmed.
I thought I was getting this one so I could add a long distance kit later but it works far enough.

09Tahoe4Now

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Can you @Ilikemtb999 give a link to the eBay seller for the flash logic unit you purchased? How’s the distance for remote starts? Thanks in advance for the information.

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score

trailblazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Fortin and Flashlogic kits can have aftermarket remotes added that substantially increase the range; you’ll need to get the antenna kit too. I have the factory remote start and the range sucks. I’ve installed both the Fortin and Flashlogic kits in various vehicles (super easy to install) that use the OE remotes but the range usually sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sourdeez

Reaction score

The video is no longer available, you just take off the plastic knee bolster piece under steering wheel and connect the harness?