Reinforced Dash Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I’m looking at picking up an 08 Denali and has the cracked dash. On gm parts direct 07-11 calls for part #19331331 and 12-14 calls for #23224742 would that be the updated version or did they make changes where it won’t fit the 08? Thank you.
I would call your local dealer and find out. It can cost a small fortune in shipping so if it didn't fit that would be a costly mistake.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I’m looking at picking up an 08 Denali and has the cracked dash. On gm parts direct 07-11 calls for part #19331331 and 12-14 calls for #23224742 would that be the updated version or did they make changes where it won’t fit the 08? Thank you.

Welcome to the forum Bobby! The 23224747 does not have the center speaker which your Denali should have. Double check by calling GM Parts Direct or GMPartsKing on Ebay; have your VIN handy.

Last edited:

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On some of the facebook forums, its being mentioned that even the new dash gives same issue of cracking. Not sure what the model # they were using was but it was supposed to be an upgraded dash. Are we sure this issue is not repeating with this dash?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On some of the facebook forums, its being mentioned that even the new dash gives same issue of cracking. Not sure what the model # they were using was but it was supposed to be an upgraded dash. Are we sure this issue is not repeating with this dash?
I know I don't trust it, that's why I added steel and epoxy reinforcement to my new one and even then it will probably eventually crack. I'm just trying to slow down the inevitable. If you replace a crispy one you'll see why I don't have much faith. The upper part of mine where it got all the sun and heat was very brittle and broke super easy. The part down around the radio etc was still flexible. When I went to break/ cut up the old dash to fit it in my garbage, I just had to step on the upper part and it shattered into small pieces. The other part needed to be cut up, it would just bend. I think it might have to do with the regulations that mfrs had to start using a certain percentage of recycled plastic. My 02 dash is still flexible after 15 years

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Y'all seen Larry's dash cap solution?

We discussed those a couple pages back. That one looks bad to me, the color and texture is wrong plus you can clearly see where it ends. But the alternative is expensive so I can see the advantage. It would just drive me crazy though. I am a bit picky lol.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We discussed those a couple pages back. That one looks bad to me, the color and texture is wrong plus you can clearly see where it ends. But the alternative is expensive so I can see the advantage. It would just drive me crazy though. I am a bit picky lol.

Same here. I watched the video and understand why he made it the way he did, makes perfect sense. But as long as the originals are available, I'll stick with them. My dash is still fine and covered/protected by a dash mat. Guess I missed the earlier posts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon