Refurbish Interior Cost? (2012 Suburban)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
In the last 3 months I have replaced the dash and front seat covers and foam on my 2008 Yukon Denali.
I did the dash my self. It wasn't anything overly complicated but it did take me a full day. I followed one guy on Youtube who was very rough on the replacement (I wouldn't want him doing my dash!) but it gave me the info I needed. I called around and found a local Chevy dealer who gave me the repair shop price, I think it was $299. Ordering it online is cost prohibitive because of the shipping. I didn't get the front panel by the windshield at the time but now I just noticed a hairline crack on mine. I'm not sure of the price but it is a lot cheaper and probably just a 30-minute job to replace. I'll do mine after the holidays.
Also, know that the replacement dash is now a stronger design than the original with extra bracing in the crack prone areas. I still went the extra mile and epoxied paint sticks in areas that I thought would help. I just couldn't bring myself to do the stick on dash caps.

I ordered the replacement seat covers from the Seat Shop. Mine are the cashmere color. I have to admit, the quality is very good and the seats are identical. I replaced the foam on the driver's side, the passenger didn't need it. According to the Seat Shop, it is rare to replace the passenger side foam. Their Youtube videos are helpful but not great. My seat frame and hardware were a bit different from what they said it would be. You do need a sturdy and large work surface to do the seats. Just realize it will take a while and you may have a few scrapes from the metal frame as you try to work the leather. But it is not hard, the clips that GM uses are great, no hog rings to deal with.
Wait for a sale, I think I paid around $700 for the leather and foam. I am going to replace the center console armrest soon. That looks more like real upholstery stuff with a staple gun and massaging the leather.

My carpet wasn't too bad so I let it go though I was considering it. If you find a good OEM carpet supplier, let me know please.

I was going to replace the seatbelt as well, but it is pretty pricey. However, I didn't want to skimp on something as important as that. So I am holding off on that for now.
I do baby my Denali that I have had since it was almost new. With the seat change and the dash, it looks great.
You paid $299 for the dash? I know some guys have washed/cleaned the seat belts using soapy water and a bucket. I think there's a youtube vid on it. Have any pics of the completed work?

OP
OP
H

hound_dog

Reaction score
You mention looking for a good OEM carpet supplier...are you saying the original carpet isn't available from Chevy? (I haven't looked)

My wife doesn't like this particular Suburban so this refurb project isn't going to happen right now, at least on this vehicle.

Thanks for the info on the new dash. I watched some of that youtube video and that guy was ROUGH with the parts. Doesn't look impossible to do at home.

fireboat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My apologies everyone, I was going from my apparently faulty memory (I actually bought it about 5 months ago and it sat in my garage for several months until I installed it), I paid $379 for the instrument panel. Still a good price IMO all things considered.
I don't have any pics but it is a GM OEM replacement instrument panel so everything looks as it did before. I am kind of proud that there are no rattles after I did it, lol. I will admit that there is a very slight, almost unnoticeable difference in color from the original dash. When I replace the trim panel by the windshield, I assume it will match perfectly.
Honestly, I didn't check on carpet prices at the dealer because mine wasn't bad. I steam cleaned a few noticeable spots and that seemed to work well.

Tonyrodz- thanks for the video, I will try that.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know some guys have washed/cleaned the seat belts using soapy water and a bucket.

I did this several times many years ago. Twice when replacing carpet and once when I had to put junkyard seatbelts into a car that came without them. Stretched them out on the driveway and they looked great afterwards, GM Blue/Gray.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy