Refinish headliner?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The shop was closed today. I'm going to call them Monday and see if they can do a custom width. To at least give me 3 inches or so overhang. I see everybody online folds the overhang over and glues it to back of headliner.

I also notice the foam structure of headliner in some areas is damaged. Mostly at corners where pillars are. Somebody manhandled this headliner before. It's not terrible but would like to repair with some foam glue of some kind? Any ideas?

View attachment 241563

You can use cardboard to fix that but curved areas will be tough to form it without showng lines. Here is one I did on my old Suburban when I removed the rear AC off the roof. Used the carboard pieces like a patch and used a cardboard backing so it filled the hole flush and glued it all together with the spray adhesive them mounted the fabric.

IMG_0020.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I got ir fixed. U made it more complex than it needed to be haha

Other than, laying on the headliner material. definaly paying to have that done next time.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
I just try to explain things in detail with all the pitfalls that COULD happen. I'd hate to make it seem so easy that you could do it in an hr, and be the total opposite for someone trying to do it.

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just try to explain things in detail with all the pitfalls that COULD happen. I'd hate to make it seem so easy that you could do it in an hr, and be the total opposite for someone trying to do it.

No worries, I appreciate the tips! I just am a glutton for punishment. I seldom hire help haha Unless it's at work. Then I want to outsource my entire job :|

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14