Reeee Dooooo!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Ryan Buck

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to take the interior game up a notch. When I was googling custom interior for these years I got nothing really. And no companies really make anything for it. With all the parts on these trucks that you can take off I sure thought there would be some aftermarket things besides carbon fiber peel and stick stuff. I don't know why none of the companies don't make like a do-it-yourself door panel kit or something two step them up. That would be cool if they made a kit that came with new armrest and an insert that you can install yourself right above it in that little area and maybe some kind of custom looking speaker grills but nope nothing out there like that only thing I found like I said

OP
OP
Ryan Buck

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took me awhile to mask it off perfect so that I didn't have any under or over cut on the wood grain but it came out perfect. I thought the gray made it look stupid as hell so I got some of the mar Hyde satin black trim paint and used that because first of all it's made to stick to plastic second it's supposed to be really durable. I'm happy with the way that came out but I'm not happy with however are the front door panels all together I'm thinking about throwing them in the garbage can and getting some out of in 02 the problem I've had converting my switches into the trim and then trying to make a switch panel that is made to clip into a door panel work on a door panel that there's nowhere to clip it into and no way to strap it down is a pain in the ass and I don't like the way that door panel holds the switches in all the rest are fine the driver one just a big ************* looks fine but I don't like it

20180818_182656.jpg 20180818_182716.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ryan Buck

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally have the last piece for the dash done! I'm still steady working on it just nothing to really post about. Swapped out the 2 rear door regulators so both back windows are working again. Also finished the sound deadening in all 4 doors plus rear hatch. Its quiet inside there now.20180922_224816.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I finally have the last piece for the dash done! I'm still steady working on it just nothing to really post about. Swapped out the 2 rear door regulators so both back windows are working again. Also finished the sound deadening in all 4 doors plus rear hatch. Its quiet inside there now.View attachment 208007
Came out really good. Did you just wrap it or dye it? I see stitching on it.

OP
OP
Ryan Buck

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Came out really good. Did you just wrap it or dye it? I see stitching on it.
It's stitched and wrapped with the same letter I did to seats in. Haven't put it in yet. I'm going to attempt to instal it tonight. Going to be a tight fit since the dash is wrapped in leather and now this piece the thickness of the two layers is going to make it hard to get in there. The one that's in there now was a pretty tight fit with nothing on it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu