Reeee Dooooo!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You might be able to replace the whole thing for the price af a bottom but it won’t match the factory so you’d have to replace everything, that’s where places like The Seat Shop make their case. Each piece is expensive but if you can do just the front bottoms like I did on my Denali, then clean the remainder and it all matches, you’re still way ahead. The colors were a perfect match. Now it all looks almost new.

chadw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might be able to replace the whole thing for the price af a bottom but it won’t match the factory so you’d have to replace everything, that’s where places like The Seat Shop make their case. Each piece is expensive but if you can do just the front bottoms like I did on my Denali, then clean the remainder and it all matches, you’re still way ahead. The colors were a perfect match. Now it all looks almost new.
If you want factory look youve got a point. Katzkin, roadwire, alea, gosford, etc. Really try and cater to those who want something different looking, or converting factory cloth to leather, stuff like that. I try and replace factory leather (or order cloth from factory and install my own) as factory leather is generally pretty poor quality, and more vinyl than you would think.

OP
OP
Ryan Buck

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want factory look youve got a point. Katzkin, roadwire, alea, gosford, etc. Really try and cater to those who want something different looking, or converting factory cloth to leather, stuff like that. I try and replace factory leather (or order cloth from factory and install my own) as factory leather is generally pretty poor quality, and more vinyl than you would think.
It is pretty sad how much Vinyl there is on a factory seat! On my Cadillac seats before I redid them I first bought a driver side bottom from the seat shop along with one of their dura foams. I went with them because They claimed to use all leather and a different fastening set up then all the other ones. They oppose the guy showed me when he took it off That it was pretty much all vinyl. The fastening part around the bottom edge was just the ****** rubber piece like they were claiming they don’t use in the commercial I watched. He also could not believe the price when I told him. I think I’m going to contact a Leather supplier And see if I can get some material that matches the original gray and tan And have him with about a handful of the driver and passenger bottoms and see how much we can do them for

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The aftermarket ones like Katzkin have a lot of vinyl too unless you pay a lot more for the all leather ones. Plus their leather is thinner. My 05 has 270,000 miles on it and only one tiny tear in the driver side bottom. I’d be willing to bet a Katzkin one would be far worse off.

Merc1973

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW, that looks awesome, great job. Looks like that was a $pendy project!

OP
OP
Ryan Buck

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Swapped out the ipad for a Samsung tab S. Its fits perfect with no case needed and you can buy a obd2 sensor that links thru wifi to the tablet and you can download a app called torque that has a huge selection of gauges you can run. Including 0 to 60 times and quarter mile runs

20190328_004348.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt