Reeee Dooooo!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Ryan Buck

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After driving the tahoe a few times I have decided the bottom portion of the dash and the console has to come back out so I can sand it down and redo the clear coat on it. When I mixed the clear I put the amount of flatner in it that I was instructed to so it would come out more of a matte black and it ended up super glossy. I didnt want to redo it and spend more money on material so I just installed it and figured it would be alright since the outside is gloss black but I already cant stand it glossy. It just looks cheap to me like its spray painted with krylon. Also every spec of dirt sticks to it. So I'm going to yank it back out and reclear it. The roof of the truck needs to be repainted and cleared from the sun nesting down on it so I decided I'll just do both at the same time!

OP
OP
Ryan Buck

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
20181001_070635.jpg I got the grab bar stitched with a french seam and wrapped in leather. Finaly put it in last week. The front portion is done. Just a few more things to paint in the rear. Anyone have a recommendation on a good set of carpet floor mats? I wish I had a black set of the factory ones. 20181001_070657.jpg 20181001_070723.jpg

OP
OP
Ryan Buck

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you, I will check them out. Alot of the companies are pushing the plastic mats like weathertech style. They are nice but not what I want to put in there.

OP
OP
Ryan Buck

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking pretty good! I almost have the double din conversion done. Pain in my arm! Thinking about a large flip down middle row monitor. If you have one installed please will you post a photo or two and let me know what you think of it. Thanks guys

Screenshot_20181106-155448_Samsung Pay.jpg

OP
OP
Ryan Buck

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was painful cutting into these panels after all the work I have already put into them! I hope I can pull this one off!

7CDFA1BD-B9FA-4995-89D7-108B7BF2EECF.jpeg 44642F0F-DEF2-4D4A-935F-78904067D54F.jpeg

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That leather works looks great.

I put carpeted mats in the Tahoe. Black rubber nibs on the backside hold them in place great. I opted to have the bowtie for the front mats. It is a 4 piece set.

Here is the link to stockinteriors.com, specifically the floor mats section

https://www.stockinteriors.com/floormat.asp?Itemid=5380&ModelId=595

The embroidery was $35 and only at the time came in black. I also ordered the interior carpet kit when I redid the interior so the mats and carpet are a perfect match and only 1 shade darker than the OEM carpet on the back of my 2nd row seats. Love the mats and the carpet kit.

IMG_4039.JPG IMG_4041.JPG

OP
OP
Ryan Buck

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok cool, thanks man! That’s the brand my black carpet kit is. I thought I was ordering it direct from them but sneaky ass google pu a different company aboue there’s on the search results, It wasn’t a big deal though because it was still the same price. They shipped me aCarpet kit and it would not fit worth a damn. I tried everything and it was just not gonna happen the hump was way too big to begin with. SoI emailed them and they pretty much told me to get bent So that wasn’t gonna work for me with that price LOL I sent those photos to the actual manufacturer in that next morning had a reply in my inbox saying that they are going to have that company ship me a brand new one and they’re going to put the mass backing on this one. I’m sure glad I got that because the first one with out it was the son of a ***** to cut with the mass back and it’s a piece a cake. I still had to cut probably 4 inches across the very front of the car get off and where is the transmission hump is probably another five on top of it. But I got it to fit and look ok. Now that it’s been s few That’s months it sits like stock. Are your front mats gray or do they match?I like your interior is very clean. You’re not gonna believe this but mine was like that too before I started this redo LOL the factory interior was still even pretty good just the driver seat bottom was shot so I bought a whole Escalade interior along with a drivers seat bottom for that put it in and a couple days later put it all back out and took the seats over to Interior shop and I started doing all the rest of it. Such a pain in the ass I wish I wouldn’t have even done it lol no but it looks cool in those seats are super comfortable. I’m actually thinking about putting the seats up for sale and getting a newer set with out the built in seat belt!
I’m going to check into those mats. Probaly going to just order a pair of them in the black Essex so they match my carpet. My middle seats hav vblack carpet on them so it all matches like yours. I even changed it on the sides of the console and th vdront door panels. thanks again dude I appreciate it!

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are your front mats gray or do they match?

The carpet on the floor and the carpet on the mats are exactly the same color. IIRC it is a medium grey. My interior is pewter and as you guys know the NBS has a few different shades going on with the interior.

The new carpet is about 1 shade darker than the OEM carpet that is still on the back of the 2nd row seat backs. Hardly noticeable to anyone who doesn't look twice. And with the dark windows, it is really hard to distinguish anyways.

The bowtie floor mats were a cool little custom flair for the interior. I love seeing them every time I get inside. Kind of classes up the 06 a bit. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kracker456