Reducing engine noise in cabin

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello, does anyone have any suggestion on how to reduce engine noise coming through the dash/floor area? After I swapped my lifters for Morels, which are definitely noisier than stock, my headers amplify the valvetrain pretty hard into the cabin. It's getting to the point where I want to put the manifolds back on, but I figured before I did that, I'd try to reduce the noise somehow. I know the dynamat stuff seems to help, I am just not sure where to put it.

Would a hoodliner help?
turn up the radio

Hybrid exhaust upgrade it's quiet :) sometime I have to check if the engine is still running

OP
OP
L

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
turn up the radio

Hybrid exhaust upgrade it's quiet :) sometime I have to check if the engine is still running

Honestly, that's what I do lol. When DVD is playing for my kid or a/c is on don't really notice it. Windows down, don't notice either.

DRKN57

Reaction score
Honestly, that's what I do lol. When DVD is playing for my kid or a/c is on don't really notice it. Windows down, don't notice either.
Sometimes the simple solutions are the best solutions. The A/C fan is so loud it drowns out most noise for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
L

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I got used to it, doesn't really bother me anymore. It's worth it now that i know I dropped the 0-60 by a full second.

DRKN57

Reaction score
Yeah I got used to it, doesn't really bother me anymore. It's worth it now that i know I dropped the 0-60 by a full second.
Yup, that’ll do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there is some oem engine bay sound dampening not sure of the part# though

go to a junk yard and swipe it off a hybrid from the firewall and hood it will quiet it by about 20-30%