Reduced Power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tatman71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok. Replaced the throttle body wiring harness. Also replaced the T.A.C. module.. Seen the date on my battery of 8/16. So just to make sure I replaced the battery. Still will not come out of reduced power mode.
To recap. Plugs and wires were changed. Still random miss fire. All coils were replaced. Random miss fire fixed. Still going in reduced power mode. Codes pointed towards tps and/or foot pedal sensor. Replaced throttle body, tps and foot pedal sensor. Still reduced power mode. Upon advice I checked and replaced tps wiring harness. Still in reduced power mode. Also upon advice replaced the T.A.C. MODULE and battery today. Still in reduced power mode.
Attached is a picture of the codes still being thrown. Not sure whats next.

Attachments

• 20230415_120828.jpg
    20230415_120828.jpg
    410.3 KB · Views: 5

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. Replaced the throttle body wiring harness. Also replaced the T.A.C. module.. Seen the date on my battery of 8/16. So just to make sure I replaced the battery. Still will not come out of reduced power mode.
To recap. Plugs and wires were changed. Still random miss fire. All coils were replaced. Random miss fire fixed. Still going in reduced power mode. Codes pointed towards tps and/or foot pedal sensor. Replaced throttle body, tps and foot pedal sensor. Still reduced power mode. Upon advice I checked and replaced tps wiring harness. Still in reduced power mode. Also upon advice replaced the T.A.C. MODULE and battery today. Still in reduced power mode.
Since you replaced all that stuff (presumably with GM OE parts) and the codes are active and not historical, still coming up, the only real alternative is that the ECM is bad.

Sign up for a subscription to your shop manual at AllDataDIY and trouble shoot those codes. Aftermarket parts don't always play kindly with the computer system.

Eldiablo

Reaction score
did you check grounds on back of the motor?

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
P0220 code is your clue. How far back from the TPS did you replace the TPS harness? It appears you have a broken wire. You are gonna have to wiggle test each wire in the TPS harness and ohm out from one end to the other.

Eldiablo

Reaction score
did you ohm out the short wiring loom from tac to pedal sensor?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts